Happy Noam Chomsky Day!
Pundits, Public Intellectuals & Charlatans.
Today we celebrate the life of Noam Chomsky who turns 93 this week and discuss the nature of punditry, the role of true intellectuals in today’s society and the cult of pseudo intellectual charlatans.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:49 | Sidetalk: Coney Island Ski Club
- 00:00:51 + 00:32:59 | Foy Vance: Noam Chomsky Is A Soft Revolution
- 00:01:32 | Firing Line: Buckley + Chomsky
- 00:03:31 | Big Think: Noam Chomsky on The Passing of William F. Buckley
- 00:04:01 | Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Nate Dogg: The Next Episode
- 00:04:52 | Captain Fantastic: Happy Noam Chomsky Day
- 00:05:48 | Young Noam Chomsky on Daniel Ellsberg
- 00:05:51 | Noam Chomsky interview on Language and Knowledge
- 00:06:10 + 00:07:42 + 00:31:34 | Manufacturing Intellect: Noam Chomsky interview on Dissent
- 00:08:53 | Merriam Webster Word of the Day
- 00:10:18 | ‘I Lie On Television’ Tucker Carlson Admits He’s A Lying Liar On Dave Rubin's Show
- 00:11:27 | Noam Chomsky on how media censorship is done
- 00:20:00 | Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal: Noam Chomsky on Jordan Peterson
- 00:22:51 | Al Jazeera: Noam Chomsky - New Atheists, Islamophobia, and the War on Terror
- 00:24:29 | Noam Chomsky: The Educational System
- 00:26:49 | Good Will Hunting: 'My Boy's Wicked Smart'
- 00:49:16 | Sidetalk: Wall St
- 00:53:48 | Sidetalk: A Coney Island Thanksgiving
- New York Times: QAnon Now as Popular in U.S. as Some Major Religions, Poll Suggests
- The Atlantic: Noam Chomsky on Where Artificial Intelligence Went Wrong
- The New Yorker: The Devil’s Accountant (Noam Chomsky’s criticism of America’s role in the world has increased his isolation—and his audience.)
- Current Affairs: The Intellectual We Deserve
Reporter, by Seymour Hersh