May 2021 Quickie.
Read the full essay
The media has been hard at work lately trying to rehabilitate the image of three significant members of the Republican Party. So we’re not going to let them. In today’s Quickie we examine the legacy of George W. Bush, John Boehner and Rick Santorum and remind everyone of just how terrible they are as people and were as politicians.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:05:40 + 00:9:17 + 00:14:26 | Amy Winehouse: Rehab
- 00:05:45 | CBS News: 8 Years Of 'Bushisms'
- 00:08:05 | CBS Sunday Morning: George W. Bush on painting a new vision of immigrants
- 00:08:28 | Jimmy Kimmel & President George W. Bush Sketch Each Other
- 00:08:51 | CNN: Critic: I want to hate Bush's paintings but
- 00:09:24 | Dean Martin: When You're Drinkin'
- 00:09:50 | CNN: Obama: John Boehner is a good man
- 00:10:16 | The Late Show: Speed Round: Fmr. Speaker Boehner Dishes
- 00:10:41 | The Godfather: You can act like a Man!
- 00:13:39 | IB Times UK: US Midterms: Speaker Boehner, Repeal Obamacare
- 00:14:31 + 00:15:47 | Rick Santorum Dismisses Indigenous Communities
- 00:17:12 | ABC News: Rick Santorum Slammed by Mitt Romney, Ron Paul in Final GOP Debate
- 00:17:22 | CBS News: Santorum taking heat on gay rights, abortion
- 00: 17:53 | TPM TV: Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting Everyone To Go To College
- 00:18:10 | CBS News: Santorum Singles Out Blacks For Entitlement Reform