Convention of States Overview
Convention of States:
The Right Wing Takeover Has Only Just Begun.
For decades, right wing actors have been steadily tearing apart critical protections of our democracy and stacking the deck in their favor. Civil rights and liberties that were hard fought and then eventually assumed have slowly disappeared. Voting rights. Privacy. Worker projections. Economic mobility. And soon, as we now know, people’s rights to their own bodies. Nothing happens overnight and the process has been slow, steady and painful because the right wing in America is deliberate, organized and patient. Today we examine yet another long-term, right wing attempt to hijack the political system called a Convention of States. Libertarian conservatives have been playing a long chess game while Democrats and liberals have been playing checkers.Read the full essay on substack
EPISODE TIMESTAMP + LINK | CLIP LINK
- 00:00:17 | The Purge: Announcement
- 00:01:08 | Convention of States Project: Ben Shapiro Video Visit at Convention of States Summit
- 00:02:14 | Sully: Can we get serious now?
- 00:04:47 | Star Wars: Lieutenant Telsij
- 00:09:11 | Johnny Cash: Thanks a Lot
- 00:09:59 | G.I. Joe: Knowing Is Half the Battle
- 00:11:49 | Convention of States Project: Mark Levin to South Dakota Senate: 'This isn't some damn game. If not now, then when?'
- 00:13:00 | Convention of States Project: Milton Friedman's solution to a corrupt Congress
- 00:15:37 | Benny Hill Theme
- 00:17:59 | The Simpsons: Boring
- 00:23:26 | Convention of States Project: Convention of States Simulation
- 00:24:46 | Convention of States Project: DeSantis- Real government reform has a better chance in the state legislatures
- 00:25:15 | Convention of States Project: Texas Governor Abbott- Here's what it takes to pass Convention of States
- 00:37:46 | Heat: Face To Face
- 00:38:08 | I Like The Way You Think
- 00:38:24 | American Pie: Stifler
- Convention of States Action
- Common Cause: The Dangerous Path- Big Money’s Plan to Shred the Constitution
- SourceWatch: Convention of States Action
- Planned Parenthood: Griswold v. Connecticut
- The Guardian: In 2013 the supreme court gutted voting rights – how has it changed the US?