The left claims America is proof that Capitalism is destroying the working class and the planet. The right claims America is proof that Capitalism is the most successful economic model in history. How much do we really understand about Capitalism? In this episode we Unf*ck Adam Smith’s chief contribution to the world and show how both sides are wrong because America is far from a capitalist economy.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:00 | Billions: Bobby Axelrod School Speech About Capitalism
- 00:02:49 | PBS NewsHour: Pence says Biden would put America on 'a path of socialism and decline'
- 00:05:47 | The Big Short: Sell it ALL
- 00:08:13 | Wall Street: Greed Is Good
- 00:08:57 | The Beatles : A Day In The Life
- 00:10:10 | Sprinkles Are For Winners
- 00:14:32 | There Will Be Blood: I Drink Your Milkshake!
- 00:19:01 | Ace Ventura: Can you feel that buddy?
- 00:21:19 | Daffy Duck: Mine, mine, mine!
- Bernard E. Harcourt: The Illusion of Free Markets: Punishment and the Myth of Natural Order