The Prosperity Doctrine.
Christ as Capitalist.
Prior to the 20th Century evangelical Christians were seen as the babbling mystics and frauds that they were. Then something happened in the 1920s to legitimize these maniacs. Since then, conservative Christians have been inserting their throbbing dogma into America’s policy womb and transforming the nation. In this episode we trace the journey of the Christian Fundamentalist movement from its origins through to today where millions of Americans believe that a thrice divorced cheater who shits on a gold toilet is somehow a modern day savior in the image of Jesus Christ.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:00 | John Fugelsang: Jesus Is Republican
- 00:02:57 | Senator takes love of Jesus to Africa
- 00:04:09 | NBC: Christian Leaders Pray Over Trump During Launch Of Evangelicals For Trump Coalition
- 00:04:15 | Paula White Leads Impassioned Prayer in Bid to Secure Donald Trump's Re-election: 'I Hear Victory'
- 00:04:30 | The Independent: Pro-Trump evangelical Kenneth Copeland laughs manically over media calling Biden's win
- 00:04:45 | NC Pastor yells 'white power' during parade after Trump rally
- 00:05:10 | Pastor To President Trump: "There Is More With You Than Against You"
- 00:05:56 | Biggie Smalls: Ten Crack Commandments
- 00:07:55 | Talladega Nights: Baby Jesus Prayer
- 00:10:44 | Frankie Laine and Jimmy Boyd: Tell Me a Story
- 00:11:53 | Mad Men: Don Draper Sales Pitch
- 00:11:53 | West Wing: Bartlet & The Bible
- 00:19:04 | Drake: God's Plan