The Clinton Years (Part Two).
In Part One of “The Clinton Years” we started our journey in the present day by examining the structure and programs of The Clinton Foundation. Many of Clinton’s earliest ideas in public service remain very much a part of the Clinton ethos and belief system to this day. Early evidence of the reliance on public/private partnerships and adherence to free market ideology can be found in Clinton’s formative years when the Democratic Party was reeling from Ronald Reagan’s takeover of the American political system. Part Two of “The Clinton Years” examines the roots of the Clinton philosophy and approach to government.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:01:05 | Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
- 00:08:55 | 1992 Bill Clinton Campaign Ads
- 00:09:46 | Frankie Laine and Jimmy Boyd: Tell Me a Story
- 00:14:14 | Pulp Fiction: Any Of You Pigs Move I'm Gonna Execute Every Last One Of You
- 00:14:38 | Grey Poupon: Pardon Me
- 00:21:27 | Beyoncé: Run the World (Girls)
- 00:22:23 | Hillary Clinton on ShoreBank
- 00:23:51 | Fight Club: How's That Working Out for You?
- 00:25:19 | Clinton Library: Clinton For President Campaign Spot 'Dignity' (1992)
- 00:25:48 | McGruff the Crime: Dog Take A Bite Out Of Crime
- 00:27:12 | Jesse Jackson Speech to 1988 Convention Pt. 3
- 00:30:00 | Jesse Jackson Speech to 1988 Convention Pt. 5
- 00:30:13 + 00:40:07 | Jesse Jackson Speech to 1988 Convention Pt. 7
- 00:33:22 | Benson: Insult Game
- 00:34:14 | Willie Horton 1988 Attack Ad
- 00:57:56 | Hillary Clinton: Between Two Ferns With Zach Galifianakis
U.S. News: Best States- Arkansas
U.S. News: Best States- Massachusetts
The New York Times: The President's Past
Nathan J. Robinson: Superpredator: Bill Clinton’s Use and Abuse of Black America
Bernard Harcourt: The Illusion of Free Markets: Punishment and the Myth of Natural Order