The Clinton Years (Part One).
Don't stop thinking about tomorrow.
When we think of prosperous eras in modern U.S. history, conservatives often point to the Reagan administration as a crucial turning point. To the corporate class, there’s a good deal of truth to this, but mostly to the extent that the seeds of neoliberalism planted in the 70s were watered during this period. The full blossom would come under President William Jefferson Clinton. Today, establishment democrats recall the Clinton years with the same fondness conservatives treat the Reagan era with. Forget the sex scandals, questionable real estate investments and swirling conspiracies about body counts. The real scandal of the Clinton 90s was the death of progressivism. Part One of “The Clinton Years” examines the legacy of Bill Clinton through the lens of the Clinton Foundation and how it continues to embody the neoliberal ideals of the New Democrats.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:04 | 1992 Election Coverage
- 00:00:20 | Quotes of Bill Clinton
- 00:00:27 | TMP TV: Clinton's Debate Moment
- 00:00:32 | Wall Street Journals: Bill Clinton Clashes With Black Lives Matter
- 00:00:49 | Clinton Library: Pres. Clinton at Homosexuals in Military Policy Announcement (1993)
- 00:00:58 | AP Archive: Bill Clinton Signs Crime Bill
- 00:01:04 | Clinton Library: Signing of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- 00:02:48 | CBS News: Bill Clinton inaugural address: Jan. 20, 1993
- 00:07:14 | Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop
- 00:07:23 | Clinton Global Initiative: Imagine All The People: President Clinton's Closing Remarks - CGI 2016 Annual Meeting
- 00:08:55 | The Naked Gun: Nothing to see here!
- 00:09:09 | Fox News: Swamp Watch: The Clinton Foundation
- 00:10:04 | Rachel Maddow: Another Clinton Investigation Championed By Trump Comes Up Empty
- 00:12:46 | Aliens: Game Over Man
- 00:16:35 | Reservoir Dogs: Tipping
- 00:20:58 | Spring Awakening: Totally Fucked
- 00:23:05 | The Late Late Show with James Corden: President Bill Clinton on the Clinton Global Initiative and Aliens
- 00:34:54 | Pepperidge Farm Remembers
- 00:44:00 | Parks and Recreation: Kaboom!
Philanthropy News Digest: Future of Clinton Foundation Uncertain
The New Yorker: How to Save the Clinton Foundation
The Washington Post: Foundation faceoff: The Trump Foundation vs. the Clinton Foundation