The Problem with Conscious Capitalism
ESG, SRI and FMF.
Today we examine Conscious Capitalism™ as an organization (the trademarked entity) and Conscious Capitalism the movement characterized by the investment concepts of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Socially Responsible Investing (SRI). This is the final building block as we continue on our collision course with Milton Friedman and the Chicago School of Economics. The promise of Conscious Capitalism as a concept, ESG and SRI is that capitalism on its own can and will voluntarily cure the societal ills it causes through the auspices of further deregulation and free markets. Spoiler: It’s a load of horseshit. Enjoy!
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:03:24 | The Bogmen: What's Behind Your Coat?
- 00:04:19 | Introduction to Conscious Capitalism
- 00:06:55 + 00:09:07 + 00:11:34 + 00:13:22 | Whole Foods' John Mackey: Why Intellectuals Hate Capitalism
- 00:12:35 + 00:15:48 | Patagonia: The Sustainability Champions
- 00:13:08 | Wall Street: How Much is Enough?
- 00:24:27 | Parenthood: Taylor Tosses Her Cookies