Dear Rebekkkah Mercer.
A Love Letter To the Alt-Right's Sugar Mama.
As we covered in our insurrection episode, it’s actually quite difficult to take down an Empire, particularly one as fortified as the United States. But that hasn’t stopped one family from trying. If you haven’t met them yet, it’s our pleasure to introduce you to the Mercer family. The patriarch Robert is a reclusive billionaire—we think—who uses his fortune to fund fun initiatives like, rolling back Civil Rights legislation, climate change denial and alt-right white supremacist groups. His willing co-conspirator is his middle child, Rebekah, who is the subject of this episode and recipient of our love letter. Join us as we Unf*ck the Mercer fortune and discuss chaos is their chief desire.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:03:17 | CBS News: Who is Rebekah Mercer?
- 00:04:30 | CNN: Trump to Cruz: 'You are the single biggest liar'
- 00:04:50 | The Wizard Of Oz: I'll Get You My Pretty
- 00:05:14 | Bloomberg Markets and Finance: RenTech's Jim Simons Urged Robert Mercer to Step Down
- 00:07:16 | MSNBC: Billionaire Mercer Family Abandons Steve Bannon
- 00:08:39 | The Usual Suspects: He’s Gone
- 00:09:28 | Wolf Of Wall Street
- 00:11:04 | Shit Long Island People Say
- 00:12:49 | Margin Call: It's Just Money
- 00:14:44 | Scent of a Woman: I'm Just Getting Warmed Up
- 00:15:16 | Fox News: Democrats call for FBI to investigate Parler's role in Capitol riot
- 00:16:04 | Pulp Fiction: Any Of You Pigs Move
- 00:16:38 | Dead Poets Society: Carpe Diem
- 00:17:50 | The Road: God Never Spoke