Palestine: Part Three.
Two states, one state, none.
The final installment of our series on Israel/Palestine covers the Arab Revolts of the late 1930s through present day, highlighting the agreements, wars, uprisings and accords that explain how the chasm widened between Jews and Palestinians, and why every attempt at reconciling the two sides has failed. It’s a sweeping narrative that involves generational actors, imperial interests of neighboring countries and acts of violence, bravery and betrayal.
- Marxists.org: Leon Trotsky on Zionism
- Council on Foreign Relations: What to Know About the Arab Citizens of Israel
- PBS: Parallel Realities - Resolution 242 And The Aftermath Of 1967 | Shattered Dreams Of Peace
- Wikipedia: Six-Day War
- Opinio Juris: The Biden Administration and the Golan Heights
- Al Jazeera: Mapping Israeli occupation | Infographic News
- Jewish Virtual Library: Vital Statistics: Jewish Population of the World
- Christopher Hitchens on Antisemitism
- BBC News: Golan Heights profile
- The Baffler: Unmaking the Myth of Ben-Gurion
- My Jewish Learning: Sephardic, Ashkenazic, Mizrahi and Ethiopian Jews
- JCPA: Ben-Gurion’s Concept of Mamlahtiut and the Forming Reality of the State of Israel
- Council on Foreign Relations: The Sunni-Shia Divide
- Council on Foreign Relations: What Is U.S. Policy on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?
- Council on Foreign Relations: How Evictions in Jerusalem Led to Israeli-Palestinian Violence
- NPR: This is how the Republican Party became so strongly pro-Israel
- The Jewish Agency: Modern Zionist Aliyot
- The Weiner Holocaust Library: How did the Holocaust happen?
- Holocaust Encyclopedia: The Evian Conference
- Palquest: Interactive Encyclopedia Of The Palestine Question: Issa al-Sifri
- UN: Faisal-Weizmann agreement/Non-UN document - Question of Palestine
- Palquest: Interactive Encyclopedia Of The Palestine Question: Musa Kazim Husseini
- Palquest: Interactive Encyclopedia Of The Palestine Question: Great Arab Revolt, 1936-1939
- Fanack: Historic Palestine: The Arab Executive (1920 -1934)
- MERIP: Owen, Studies in the Economic and Social History of Palestine
- MERIP: Conspiracy of Praise
- Just Vision: Izz ad-Din al-Qassam
- The New York Times Archive: The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World since 1948
- Jewish Virtual Library: Ze’ev (Vladimir) Jabotinsky
- Encyclopedia: Altalena
- Palestine Nexus
- Palquest: Abd al-Aziz Rantisi
- MERIP: The War of Numbers
- The Washington Post: War Casualties Put at 48,000 in Lebanon
- Office of the Historian, Foreign Service Institute: The Reagan Administration and Lebanon, 1981–1984
- Al Jazeera: Who is Israel’s far-right, pro-settler Security Minister Ben-Gvir?
- Blowback: How Israel Went From Helping Create Hamas To Bombing It
- HRW: Israel: Gaza Killings Unlawful, Calculated
- The Hill: Trump on Israel embassy move: ‘Evangelicals appreciate it more than the Jews’
- HRW: A Threshold Crossed: Israeli Authorities and the Crimes of Apartheid and Persecution
- Pew Research Center: Israel’s Religiously Divided Society
- Rashid Khalidi: The Hundred Years' War on Palestine: A History of Settler Colonialism and Resistance, 1917-2017
- Moshé Machover: Israelis and Palestinians: Conflict and Resolution
- Dennis Ross: Missing Peace: The Inside Story of the Fight for Middle East Peace
- James L. Gelvin: The Israel-Palestine Conflict
- Jeremy Wilson: Lawrence of Arabia: The Authorised Biography of T. E. Lawrence
- Jim Newton: Eisenhower: The White House Years
- Augustus Richard Norton: Hezbollah: A Short History Updated and Expanded Third Edition
UNFTR Episode Resources
- Palestine: An Introduction. The Land Imperialism Left Behind.
- Palestine: Part Two. The Palestinian Cause.
- Kyle Taylor from London, 84 Countries, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons. Changes were made.