Palestine: Part One.
The Jewish Question.
Every story has a beginning. Every conflict has its roots. For some, the Israel/Palestine conflict is rooted in scripture and written in blood. Others claim it boils down to a deadly dispute over real estate. There’s a reason why “peace in the Middle East” feels out of reach and why so many have thrown their hands up. It’s complicated. But it’s not impossible to understand. We begin our journey in earnest by tackling the so-called “Jewish Question” and uncovering the roots and motives of the Zionist movement.
- Marxists.org: Leon Trotsky on Zionism
- Council on Foreign Relations: What to Know About the Arab Citizens of Israel
- PBS: Parallel Realities - Resolution 242 And The Aftermath Of 1967 | Shattered Dreams Of Peace
- Wikipedia: Six-Day War
- Opinio Juris: The Biden Administration and the Golan Heights
- Al Jazeera: Mapping Israeli occupation | Infographic News
- Jewish Virtual Library: Vital Statistics: Jewish Population of the World
- Christopher Hitchens on Antisemitism
- BBC News: Golan Heights profile
- The Baffler: Unmaking the Myth of Ben-Gurion
- My Jewish Learning: Sephardic, Ashkenazic, Mizrahi and Ethiopian Jews
- JCPA: Ben-Gurion’s Concept of Mamlahtiut and the Forming Reality of the State of Israel
- Council on Foreign Relations: The Sunni-Shia Divide
- Council on Foreign Relations: What Is U.S. Policy on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict?
- Council on Foreign Relations: How Evictions in Jerusalem Led to Israeli-Palestinian Violence
- NPR: This is how the Republican Party became so strongly pro-Israel
- The Jewish Agency: Modern Zionist Aliyot
- The Weiner Holocaust Library: How did the Holocaust happen?
- Holocaust Encyclopedia: The Evian Conference
- Rashid Khalidi: The Hundred Years' War on Palestine: A History of Settler Colonialism and Resistance, 1917-2017
- Moshé Machover: Israelis and Palestinians: Conflict and Resolution
- Dennis Ross: Missing Peace: The Inside Story of the Fight for Middle East Peace
- James L. Gelvin: The Israel-Palestine Conflict
- Gan-Shmuel archive via the PikiWiki - Israel free image collection project. Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons. Changes were made.