Drill Man, Drill.
Biden’s Broken Promise.
Welcome to Topical Cream, a new, periodic segment with an appropriately cringeworthy title for fuckery in the news. Our aim is to add in these segments to tackle more timely and newsworthy events that either relate to previous Unf*cking narratives or to set up future episodes. Our inaugural Cream finds us back in the world of crude oil and commodities with the recent capitulation on the part of the Biden administration to the oil and gas industry.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:03:46 | Global News: Biden pauses oil and gas leases, cuts subsidies in "bold" climate steps
- 00:04:37 | US Department of the Interior: Secretary Deb Haaland Issues a New Secretarial Order to Tackle the Climate Crisis
- OilPrice.com: Oil Price Charts
- CNBC: U.S. to release 1 million barrels of oil per day from reserves to help cut gas prices
- The New York Times: Biden Plans to Open More Public Land to Drilling
- Poynter: President Biden claimed that there are 9,000 unused oil drilling permits. That’s mostly true.
- EIA: Short-Term Energy Outlook