“Tough on Crime” Republicans.
Republicans pin midterm hopes on tired trope.
The midterms are upon us and the Republicans have pinned their hopes on a tried and true fear tactic: Crime. It’s a winning narrative. Always has been. The data paint another picture entirely, however. While in no way excusing criminal activity or minimizing its impact upon individuals, families and society, we need to have an honest discussion about fear mongering and scapegoating. So let’s take a bite out of crime.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:06 | Congressional Archives Carl Albert Center: 1968 Nixon Campaign Ad "Law and Order"
- 00:05:11 | Fox News: Lee Zeldin: New Yorkers are reaching a 'breaking point'
- 00:06:31 | Animal House: Blowjob
- 00:06:50 | NBC News: Violent Crime On The Rise Amid Bail Reform Controversy
- 00:09:30 | MSNBC: GOP Makes Crime Top Issue In Midterm Ads Against Dems
- 00:11:42 | Seven Psychopaths: That's just fuckin' great!
- 00:17:15 | Fox News: Tucker Carlson: This is what the collapse of civilization looks like
- 00:19:09 | Fox News: 'The Five' - America's crime crisis gets more disturbing
- 00:19:33 | Fox News: Jesse Watters: What message does this send other criminals?
- 00:20:06 | Fox Business: Democrats are 'gaslighting' voters by downplaying crime wave
- 00:20:41 | Joe Rogan: The LAWLESSNESS In LA, Chicago & New York!!
- 00:21:16 | The Rubin Report: Watch Host's Face as Democrat Argues That Crime Isn't Really Rising
- 00:21:37 | OWN: Bryan Stevenson: Being "Tough on Crime" Corrupts Us Extended
Brennan Center For Justice: What Caused the Crime Decline?
Gotham Gazette: What Is Lee Zeldin’s Gubernatorial Campaign Platform?
Wikipedia: Demographic history of New York City
News Beat: A Guide To Mass Incarceration In America