What’s the deal with Peter Thiel?
Sociopathic billionaire man-child wants to eat the world.
I’m not a doctor. But even I can certainly see that Peter Thiel is a sick, sick person. Bright, awkward and successful, Peter Thiel has risen to prominence in American society on the gamble that he can break it. A product of the Ivy League system who wants to take it down. A gay man who backs candidates that would degrade his civil rights. A hedge fund tech investor who thinks Silicon Valley hasn’t done anything innovative in 50 years. A Trump backer and advisor who walked away when he got what he wanted. Peter Thiel is known as a contrarian, but it may be simpler than that. He might just be a nihilistic asshole.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:35 | The Social Network: Argument
- 00:00:47 | The Social Network: Investment
- 00:04:05 + 00:26:38 | MSNBC: Meet The Billionaire Bankrolling Trump-Friendly Candidates
- 00:06:41 | Spinal Tap: Hello Cleveland
- 00:15:04 | Dot-com Bubble Wall Street Documentary
- 00:15:38 | The Usual Suspects: He's Gone
- 00:17:22 | Tommy Boy: Hmm, he seems like a nice guy
- 00:20:09 | Tenacious D: Holy Shitballs
- 00:26:11 | 12 News: Who's the California billionaire trying to buy Arizona's Senate seat?
- 00:27:50 + 00:27:14 + 00:28:49 | National Conservatism Conference: Nationalism Breaks the Dogma Machine
- 00:31:29 | Hoover Institution: The World According to Thiel
The Atlantic: Peter Thiel Hates a Copycat
Founders Fund: Portfolio
The Wall Street Journal: Tech Tycoon Peter Thiel Shies From Trump Re-Election Campaign
Cato Unbound: The Education of a Libertarian
The Intercept: The New New Right Was Forged in Greed and White Backlash