Building the Climate Industrial Complex.
Strange Bedfellows, Wildfires and Heat Waves.
The world is more fucked than the United States. And we’re pretty fucked, so that’s saying a lot. Perhaps there’s a way to mitigate this mess by playing upon our worst instincts as a nation and the competitiveness that drives the world. Today we take an alternative view of our response to climate change through the lens of the most dispassionate and powerful observer in the world: The U.S. Military. It’s known for decades that the planet is fucked. And they’ve been preparing in plain sight.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:00 | The Lovin' Spoonful: Summer In The City
- 00:01:33 | CBC News: Trudeau hit by gravel at heated protest during Ontario campaign stop
- 00:08:50 | 22 Jump Street: OH SHIT
- 00:14:33 | The Day After Tomorrow: Evacuate
- 00:15:59 | Bad Santa: Santa's Staying Over
- 00:19:06 | Fox News: Democrats, fires and the climate misinformation campaign
- 00:22:24 | The Hunt for Red October: Battle Stations
- 00:23:36 | CBS Morning: Colorado River drying up at alarming rate
- IPCC- Summary for Policymakers
- Institute for Policy Integrity- Gauging Economic Consensus on Climate Change
- Center for Climate and Security- Chronology of Military and Intelligence Concerns About Climate Change
- World Economic Forum- This is how climate change could impact the global economy
- Swiss Re- World economy set to lose up to 18% GDP from climate change if no action taken
- New York Times- 40 Million People Rely on the Colorado River. It’s Drying Up Fast.
- The Black Vault- 1990 U.S. Naval Report
- Michael T. Klare- All Hell Breaking Loose: The Pentagon’s Perspective on Climate Change
- Daron Davis: An unfortunate name but a profound podcast