NY Governor Does it Again.
Read the full essay
NYS Governor Kathy Hochul is once again under scrutiny for vetoing a bill that would have protected unmarked graves of Native People. It’s another in a litany of demonic insults to Native tribes in New York. But this one comes with a kicker. In defending her administration’s policies toward Native territories in NY, she mentions the return of 1,000 acres to the Onondaga Nation. But there’s a whole lot more to that story.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- The New York Times: Clash Over Building Atop Native Burial Sites Angers N.Y. Tribes
- The Daily Orange: Months after land return victory, transfer yet to be realized for Onondaga Nation
- United States Department of the Interior: Remediation of Mudboil Discharges the Tully Valley of Central New York
- Governor Kathy Hochul: Largest Returns of Land to an Indigenous Nation by Any State
- Wikipedia: Solvay Process