Quickie: Fox in the Outhouse.
Invasion, Immigration & Inflation.
This week’s alliterative Quickie is brought to you by the letter “i.” In typical Quickie fashion we delve into three distinct but related topics: Invasion, Inflation & Immigration, as seen through the lens of Fox News. We’ll tie in some prior themes and set the table for a couple of future episodes in this barn burner of a Quickie featuring the worst people on television. For those listening and not just reading, after a heartfelt message toward the end of the episode Max has a rather ugly and uncharacteristic meltdown in show notes over Joe Biden and the Democratic Party. 99 and Manny pick up the pieces to bring it home and send Max for a nap. All this and more on another rousing edition of Outagamie’s number one podcast, Unf*cking the Republic.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:01:21 | De La Soul - The Magic Number
- 00:02:48 + 00:03:12 + 00:03:34 + 00:04:01 | Fox News: Tucker: We're moving closer to war
- 00:07:05 | Mary Poppins: A Spoonful of Sugar
- 00:07:42 | Fox News: Tucker: Why would Biden do this to his own country?
- 00:08:43 | Fox Business: New Fox footage shows mass release of migrants into the US
- 00:14:50 | Fox News: Mike Rowe: We have a problem in this country
- 00:14:54 | Fox Business: Kudlow: Post-pandemic worker shortage leads to supply scarcities
- 00:15:07 | Fox Business: Elevated job openings amid labor shortage will lead to 'catastrophe'
- 00:15:17 | Fox News: Tucker: Americans are being paid to stay at home
- 00:15:40 | A Few Good Men: You Can't Handle the Truth!
- 00:18:25 | Fox Business: Kudlow: This is not going to be economically pain-free
- 00:18:50 | Fox News: Stephen Miller rips Biden for inflation and skyrocketing gas prices
- 00:21:47 | Bill and Ted: Woah
- 00:24:31 | Fox News: Karl Rove brings receipts in epic takedown of Biden plan on gas prices
- 00:26:07 | MSNBC: Gary Johnson Asks: 'What Is Aleppo?'
- 00:26:53 | Fox News: Jesse Watters: The media made a terrible mistake
- 00:27:26 | Braveheart: Motivational Speech
- 01:02:15 | Cop Land: You Blew It
ThoughtCo: History and Principles of the United Nations
New York Times: U.S. Economy Grew 1.7% in 4th Quarter, Capping a Strong Year
Pew Research Center: Amid the pandemic, a rising share of older U.S. adults are now retired
Trading Economics: United States Labor Force Participation Rate
Matt Stoller: Corporate Profits Drive 60% of Inflation Increases