August 2021 Quickie.
Power Is as Power Does: Immigration, Budgets and Drones.
Momma always said, "Power is as power does." With democrats in charge, Bernie managing the budget and endless wars ending, it's a new day in Washington. Or is it? Today's Quickie highlights three policies - Immigration, Military Spending and Drone Strikes - that seemed to be changing under Biden but might be more of the same.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:00:00 | New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo says "Love wins. Always. And it will again through this virus."
- 00:00:05 | Anchorman: I Did Not See That Coming
- 00:03:37 | A Fish Called Wanda: Upside-Down Apology
- 00:04:57 + 00:11:04 + 00:16:43 | Forrest Gump Soundtrack: Main Theme
- 00:06:36 | Fox News: Tucker spars with Geraldo Rivera in heated segment on immigration
- 00:07:15 | Fox News: Exclusive footage shows massive influx of illegal immigrants
- 00:08:01 | Fox News: Biden's immigration policy is going to tear this country apart
- 00:14:54 | MSNBC: Bernie: $3.5 Trillion Budget Deal Will Be 'Most Consequential' Bill ‘Since The 1930s’
- 00:17:35 | Willy Wonka: I’ve Got A Golden Ticket
- 00:18:04 | CGTN Africa: U.S. Launches Air Strike Targeting Al Shabaab in Somalia
- The Intercept: Nobody Knows the Identities of the 150 People Killed by U.S. in Somalia, but Most Are Certain They Deserved It
- The Intercept: Rep. Ilhan Omar Questions Biden’s First Airstrike on Somalia
- Geopolitical Futures: Why the US Cares About Somalia
- Politico: House votes to repeal decades-old war powers amid Middle East debate
- Politico: Iraq War authorization repeal clears key Senate hurdle
- Bloomberg: U.S. Steps Up Air Strikes Against al-Qaeda Ally in Somalia