Has “Creative Destruction” Reached Silicon Valley?
The Capitalism Trap.
Read the full essay
Silicon Valley is in a slump. For all the talk about innovation, there’s a real question as to whether the U.S. tech sector is really all that innovative. Today’s essay digs into this question through the lens of a concept called “Creative Destruction,” a term coined by famed economist Joseph Schumpeter.
Episode Timestamp + Link | Clip Link
- 00:08:38 | Hoover Institution: The World According to Thiel
- 00:11:03 | Heat: Face To Face
- 00:18:23 | Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery Disruptor
- TechCrunch: Is Silicon Valley really losing its crown?
- The Guardian: The disruption con: why big tech’s favourite buzzword is nonsense
- FRED Economic Data: Federal Funds Effective Rate (FEDFUNDS)
- Joseph A. Schumpeter: Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy
- Philippe Aghion: The Power of Creative Destruction: Economic Upheaval and the Wealth of Nations